Need help! Water damage

Last Updated:

1. brillimz

brillimz Member This Topic's Starter

The other day I dropped my phone in water and sat there for a while before I noticed. I dried everything out, there was allot of water under the screen, then turned it back on. Everything seems to work fine but a couple things. It wont connect to the internet, 3g and bluetooth will not turn on. I did the trouble shooting with the verizon tech with no help. So I have a new phone on the way through my insurance but since they are on back order still it may take a while. I need to find a way to get my contacts off the incredible to an old LG dare that I now activated and am using. The incredible will connect via wifi. I went to the verizon store but they couldnt get it to transfer. Sorry for the long post but any ideas would be great. ​

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You would be better off going to an LG Dare forum. the problem here is the LG will only accept a certain type of contacts list, if any. You can always try BitPim if you have a usb cable for the LG

3. brillimz

Yes I have a cable to connect the dare to the comp. What does bitPim do?

4. brillimz

Thanks Man that was what I needed....worked great!

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Also, if your contacts were synced you could export them from gmail.

Unless it sat for days drying out (without the battery) it wasn't dried out. With insurance, though, it really doesn't matter.