1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Need help...willing to pay someone in Los Angeles

1. totch

totch New Member

Hello everybody, I was wondering if anybody can help me unlock a sprint Samsung GS4, I heard it is possible....my mom ( suffered stroke a few years back) wanted to go back home in the Philippines becauae she thinks she will recover more quickly there..so to cut it short... Sprint sent me an extra fone which is the GS4 and hoping that she could use this phone over there when she goes back next month... I have no pc and no time as of the moment I am willing to come to ur place and pay you...for this small favor... I live near downtown LA...

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Sorry, Sprint phones use CDMA technology, the Philippines use GSM technology. You need an international GSM phone (which Sprint can't supply you because they don't use GSM technology).

It's not a matter of someone doing some work on the phone, either - the "work" would be to remove the insides of the phone and replace them with the insides of an international GSM Galaxy S4.
  3. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

Actually, all of sprints 2013 LTE devices are also world phones, they are finally catching up to verizon in allowing any device to be used where ever. my wife was using her sprint s4 on tmobile for a few weeks til we got her tmobile s4 in.
  4. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

I need to no is this the reason that verizon say that they are turning all the 3g devices to prepaid . They telling customers that if you have a 4g device u have to run it as a contract device . So i went to the store they said the same . At my last 2stops radio shack and best buy said the same also.
  5. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

no thats just verizon being jerks