Need help with 7" android netbook wont install certain apps

Last Updated:

1. blesil2004

blesil2004 New Member This Topic's Starter

It was recommended that I post this here

I don't know where to look for help on this. I tried the troubleshooting stuff that android has online without success. They also never replied after my request for more help.

I am using a 7" android netbook. When I download apps directly from the app market provided with the machine it works fine.

The problem is that the app market doesn't provide the app that I want. I am trying to download the Chikka app. I have tried to go to the download location via a browser and I get this message "there is no phone associated with this account".

Considering that I am not using a phone that would make sense. I have tried to follow the directions they give about downloading an app using my app market and I still get the same message.

I have even tried downloading a different app market. Guess what, it gives me the same stupid message.

Since my original posting in a different thread I may have figured out the problem. I just don't know how to fix it. I am registered in Google with my yahoo email.

I went into my settings >>> Accounts and Sync and found no accounts listed. I entered in my email and password that the app market on my android is using and the one that I registered through google, they are the same. After I click "Next" a screen comes up seperating the email address.

Domain/account
    /acountname (nothing for the domain name)
    ******** (password)
    servername

The domain/account name has a forward slash "/" followed by the first part of my email address. The server name has the second part of my email address. When I click next I get "can not connect to the server".

I think that I need to know the information to add an account?

My OS version is 2.2

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

There are certain manufacturers which don't allow you access to the real Android Market. For example, as Google is somewhat restricted in China (I believe), there are a lot of Chinese tablets/devices which won't have access to the market by default so they stick their own one on with pre-selected apps.

There may be ways and means of getting the proper market on there, if you let me know the exact make and model of the device, I'll have a look and see if I can dig anything up.

3. jonnie spurs

jonnie spurs New Member

same thing with mine. this is what i bought from china.
    A8 aPad Tablet PC - 8" Android 2.2 MID w/ Cortex-A8, 4gb Nand Flash, 1080P, 16gb sd card
    if i waited, i could have gotten a better tablet.