• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help need help with a few things: kies, volume controls, and shutter sound

I just got this phone yesterday and installed Kies on my computer today. I'm still learning, so please bare with me!

I read that I can silence the camera's shutter sound by updating my software via Kies... but when I open up Kies, it says my phone is not supported for software updates via Kies. It seems like everyone else can do updates this way... maybe it's just the Sprint version that can't.

My phone says Android and the firmware are both up to date... but when I put my phone on silent mode and take a photo, it still makes the shutter sound.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any input.... Is it normal to not be able to update via Kies? Also, I know people have gone over this 1,000 times before, but are there any other easy ways to turn off the shutter sound without rooting? :thinking: I just want to take pictures without waking the baby or disturbing people in a quiet room...

Here's a screen shot...
wtf.png

Another question I have is, is there any way to make the notification volume automatically adjust to the ringer volume? i.e. if I turn my ringtone down to a low setting, can I make the notification volume also go to that setting without having to separately adjust it?

For the shutter, there appear to be some apps out there that might take care of it. Otherewise rooting is the only other option for now. The handset is up to date. I think you are seeing people who have the international version. They got the ICS update that we have yet to receive. As for the notifications, mine just go with the volume, so I can't help there. You may want to go into your seetings and look under notifications and see if you find anything about it there. I really don't know though, mine have just always adjusted with the volume.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones