• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with an application transfer

fuller45

Lurker
Apr 12, 2010
Hi, and sorry I'm new here, so I don't know where to post this.

I purchased the motorola Droid 3 weeks ago, and purchased an App for a few dollars which I obviously don't want to repurchase. Today I picked up my new Incredible and had everything transferred over. When I logged back into the same google account (for gmail at least), I still didn't have the option to reinstall the app. It didn't show up in my market downloads or anything whatsoever.

So my question is...how do I possibly get this back? I have the email with the purchase bill and everything..just don't want to buy it again is all.

Thanks!

Hi, and sorry I'm new here, so I don't know where to post this.

I purchased the motorola Droid 3 weeks ago, and purchased an App for a few dollars which I obviously don't want to repurchase. Today I picked up my new Incredible and had everything transferred over. When I logged back into the same google account (for gmail at least), I still didn't have the option to reinstall the app. It didn't show up in my market downloads or anything whatsoever.

So my question is...how do I possibly get this back? I have the email with the purchase bill and everything..just don't want to buy it again is all.

Thanks!

If memory serves me correctly, you should be able to search for it in the market and find it listed as Purchased (ie without a button marked BUY).
When I switched from my Magic to my N1 I had to search for a few of my previously purchased app that weren't listed in the My Downloads section.

Upvote 0
If memory serves me correctly, you should be able to search for it in the market and find it listed as Purchased (ie without a button marked BUY).
When I switched from my Magic to my N1 I had to search for a few of my previously purchased app that weren't listed in the My Downloads section.

I tried this, and no-go. Still has a price tag next to it...not quite sure what to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones