• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

need help with android and the apps

thedude75

Lurker
May 20, 2016
hi all
I'm new to android and I hope that you can help me to run android as expected.
I bought a S7 due to the water resistance and the memory card slot

but I see a few problems compared tomy old iphones.
let'S explain

- I installed apple music, so far so good. downloaded the musci, music is running, no problem, but it is only playing one single song and that stopping and I have to start the next. that is stupid and how can I change this?
- I want to use the S7 in my car, so I plugged in the usb cable. and I got the message, that I can't listen to the music via usb cable due to the music rights. That is already stange cause apple music is an official and, so it would not be against any rights. So I started audible. the same problem. No support via cable. Am I doing something wrong or is this really that stupid?
- Airplay: I'm used to apple airplay and I have never thought about that this or something simila is not a standard. I have a Bose sound touch and would like to stream via wifi the apple music to this device. how can I do this, as there is no nativ solution, which apps do I need?

thanks for your help
the dude

hi all
I'm new to android and I hope that you can help me to run android as expected.
I bought a S7 due to the water resistance and the memory card slot

but I see a few problems compared tomy old iphones.
let'S explain

- I installed apple music, so far so good. downloaded the musci, music is running, no problem, but it is only playing one single song and that stopping and I have to start the next. that is stupid and how can I change this?

That sounds like something with the Apple music app itself, and probably Apple would have to fix it with an update. Could try contacting them about it I suppose. I've never had any problems like that with any Android music apps I've used. Can't try it for myself, Apple music is not available here. :thumbsupdroid:
http://www.zdnet.com/article/chinese-mainland-misses-out-on-apple-music-launch/#!

- I want to use the S7 in my car, so I plugged in the usb cable. and I got the message, that I can't listen to the music via usb cable due to the music rights. That is already stange cause apple music is an official and, so it would not be against any rights. So I started audible. the same problem. No support via cable. Am I doing something wrong or is this really that stupid?
- Airplay: I'm used to apple airplay and I have never thought about that this or something simila is not a standard. I have a Bose sound touch and would like to stream via wifi the apple music to this device. how can I do this, as there is no nativ solution, which apps do I need?

Isn't that Apple proprietary, and so anything that isn't Apple, it's good luck! and you might be on your own probably. I use Bluetooth myself.

Upvote 0
First thing you are going to have to do is de-Apple-ize yourself. ;) Really, Apple has a way of making people think that their way is the way everything is supposed to work and that if it doesn't it's either broken or stupid.

I'm sure there's a setting in Apple Music to play songs sequentially rather than one at a time, but I don't use it so I couldn't say.

There shouldn't be any problem controlling your phone as a media device from your car as long as your car's hands-free system supports it. What kind of car do you have? I have a 2011 Mitsubishi with the Fuse system and i have my phone, iPod and GPS all working happily together with full control.

I can't really speak to the rights issue either. All Apple music should be DRM-free as of 2006(?) so there shouldn't be a problem playing it.

Upvote 0
An Android phone trying to live in an Apple ecosystem...
I've never used the (poorly rated) Apple Music app, but I just visited the Play Store and looked at the screen shots. I see that it has the standard icons on the bottom for shuffle/no-shuffle (the crossed arrows), and linear-play/loop-play, etc (circular arrows), so you should be able to invoke linear play with that app. Either way, I might suggest that you install a good music player app. I like my built-in Samsung "Music" app. Prior to that I used MediaMonkey (free). PowerAmp, Rocket Player, et al, are popular.

I don't know anything about playing music over USB or if it's possible. It's 2016 so I think most people use Bluetooth to connect audio to their car stereo system, like I do. Bluetooth is universal and works with any phone type (iPhone, Android, Windows, et al).

The Bose Sound Touch seems to be limited to using Apple's proprietary Airplay protocol, rather than an industry standard, like Bluetooth. Bose offers a SoundTouch app on the Play Store which should let your S7 work with Airplay-- at least for your Bose system. I can't speak for its quality. There are other generic Airplay apps on the Play Store that are reasonably well rated. I can't speak for the quality. I wouldn't be surprised if none of them enable perfect Airplay emulation because Airplay is an Apple-proprietary thing.

I think most people would use Bluetooth to transmit to a home stereo system, but the range of Bluetooth is only 10M/30ft (or less if going through walls). There are several Wifi solutions from companies like Sonos. Google's preferred solution is Chromecast Audio.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones