Need help with Bluetooth

Last Updated:

1. dizzy

dizzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Am new to Bluetooth and need help getting it working. I've read in many posts that the Hero has problems with Bluetooth but I'm not trying to do anything fancy here, just use a headset for calls ... it should be able to do that shouldn't it?!?

A friend loaned me a headset to try (Motorola H700) with my Hero. I'm able to get the devices "paired" but the Hero fails to "connect" to the headset. Have tried this several times but always get the same results. Wanted to start fresh by removing the Motorola heasdset but even after choosing the "unpair" option it is still listed in my Bluetooth devices!

Any ideas on what is wrong?
    How do I remove the headset from the list?

Is it likely my Hero is defective?

Advertisement
  2. rgss06

rgss06 Active Member

I might be thinking of something else,but try a long press on the headset device that you want to remove. I think a delete option or something like that will come up and you can remove it that way. Or try to pair the two devices again,sometimes mine will say they are paired but my headset isn't connected,I just go into Bluetooth settings. Where it says paired press that and it will try to connect again,that has always got the two connected for me. I don't have to do that often but every once in a while I will have to. Hope this helps. I really don't think the Hero is defective. Good luck. This is just a couple of ideas off the top of my head that I hope will get you working,maybe someone else knows a bit more that can help.

dizzy likes this.
  3. hfa68

hfa68 Member

Here's something that works for me, after my headset is paired with the Hero. Turn on your earpiece first, then turn on your phone's bluetooth. I have the bluetooth widget on my 1st screen so I can toggle bluetooth on and off.

dizzy likes this.
  4. PGR

PGR Well-Known Member

I never turn my Hero's Bluetooth off. I have Bluetooth in the car, Bluetooth in a motorcycle helmet, and a couple of Bluetooth ear bugs I use for different situations and the phone just automatically connects whenever I turn one of 'em on. I used to turn Bluetooth off when I wasn't using it but I experienced occasional connectivity problems with previously-pared devices when I turned it back on.

But I haven't had any connectivity problems since I started leaving Bluetooth on all the time. That, and I have one less thing to remember to do. And for those of you who think I'm wasting battery (run-time) by doing this, I've done some comprehensive tests and found no significant difference.

Pete

dizzy likes this.
  5. dizzy

dizzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks to all who've replied to my "help me!" post!

I've tried the tip of turning device or headset on 1st but no combination of order resolved the issue. Is it possible that my friend's "old" headset is incompatible with the Hero?

And I'm still trying to figure out how to remove the headset from the BT devices list ... the "long press" on the device name only brings up the options to "pair" or "connect," there's no "delete" option.

6. hfa68

hfa68 Member

@ Dizzy I knew I forgot something last night. I have a H700 at home. I'll give it a try when I get home tonight. I"ll take a look and see what I come up with. I do want to say that I think I did have problems with that headset, but don't quote me on that. The bad part is that I still have over 6hrs to go before I get off from work.