• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help with bricked phone? or need a custom rom? or just need advice click here!!!

julian0012

Lurker
Mar 6, 2013
Hello my name is Julian I am 12 years old (strange how I know this) but I know how to install custom roms and fixed bricked phones trust me I do I got cyangonmod 7 on lg optimus t! Just post what you need like if you have a bricked phone (in order for me to help you I need to know what phone you have and you need to make a video about the problem) if you need to a custom rom just tell me about the rom you want and what phone you have! Just post all your problems here or what you desire and I shall give it to you if possible if you do not believe me tell me I will make a video about how to do what you want me to do. To install a custom rom you need clockwork mod recovery and rom manger and your PHONE NEEDS TO BE ROOTED (WARNING IF YOU DO THIS YOU VOID YOUR WARRENTY AND IF YOU NEED TO RETURN THE PHONE YOU NEED TO TRY TO PUT INTO STOCK ROM BY USING KDZ UPDATER!!!)

Ok, after more reading I've figured out that I have "old baseband". I guess that's the same as the Modem. And if I'm going to flash a new ROM I have to flash to "new baseband" because most ROMs require "new baseband" or the phone won't work.

I am rooted, installed RomManager, and CWM (but still have T-Mobile stock 2.2 ROM). Can I flash the "new baseband" with CWM?

Upvote 0
Yes some roms work for lg optimus one or any other similar phone for example cyanogenmod 7 works great with it some other roms work with it to but you need a new updated baseband for example oxygen ics rom needs a new baseband good luck :D and yes you can flash a baseband with cwm but if your worried they have some programs that flash stuff like that

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones