1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with c:geo app

Last Updated:

1. jall65

jall65 Member This Topic's Starter

I have just switched over from a blackberry 8330 that I have had for years to the LG Optimus, I use geocahing to fish with, I sometimes fish in other boats that do not have gps capabilities and I use my smart phone instead. I have hundreds of locations saved on gpx files.( I also put them on the sd card) I downloaded the c:geo app and it successfully installed. When I open the app and select stored then select menu and select import gx files it finds and shows them on the card and I select them to import it says 0 files caches imported. Is there another way to install these files? I'm about to go into panic mode.:eek:. LOL

Advertisement
  2. AmazonAnnie

AmazonAnnie Well-Known Member

Hi Jall65,
    I downloaded and tested out c:geo. Nice program - they've updated it since I last tried it out.

I also had problems with importing the .gpx file.

Here's what I did:
    - transferred a .gpx file to my SD card
    - opened up c:geo
    - clicked on Stored
    - Hit menu button and choose 'import'
    - It searched for a while and found quite a load of .gpx files on my SD card! I chose one group and it says "Reading File" and loading caches from .gpx file stored: xxx (which is the number count down as it loads).

When it was finished the "Stored" icon had 220 on it.
    I clicked Stored and it says "no cache"

Hmmm just below the "Stored" button is a silver icon and I clicked it so it says "All Caches". I went back into "Stored" and now they show up. I guess you can filter them so it only shows the type you want.

Does that solve your issue?

I couldn't find anything on the c:/geo forums that would be similar.

Annie

3. jall65

Thanks, Annie for your reply,
    When I select import it finds my 3 different files I want to import. When I select that file it saying reading fine then it says 0 caches imported. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program as well as the gpx files.

Where was the c:geo forums you spoke of? On here or in another site?
    Thanks,
    Jason

4. AmazonAnnie

Hi Jason,
    Sorry for the confusion - I had a look at the forums over on c:geo to see if there was anything similar.

I'm wondering if your .gpx file has become corrupt.

Do you have a way of opening it up and/or creating a few one? You could go to something like "POI Friend" or one of the other sites and download a little .gpx file then try those to see if it's your file or something in c:geo that is causing the problem.

5. jall65

I thought the same thing, I deleted the gpx files and transferred my original files that I have on my computer. they still work using gsak. I installed Geobeagle this morning and the files work with that app. There is some kind of glitch on the c:geo app that prevents them from opening. I can use the geobeagle, It is an ok app but I liked the C:geo app better. I used GSAK to make the files. I'm thinking that c:geo has a problem with the way gsak makes the file. Something just isn't connecting.

6. AmazonAnnie

Hi Jason,
    I exported some caches from GSAK and they displayed fine in the program. Not sure what the problem is. Maybe you could post something on their forum - looks like a very helpful bunch.

I like CacheMate for geocaching -I've used it since my old Sony Clie days.

I've tried GeoBeagle too but I wasn't fond of that one either. Everyone is raving about c:geo but I don't use data so I'm only interested in off-line caching.

Annie