• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help with Contacts not displaying correctly

darkcyber

Android Expert
Nov 12, 2009
North Alabama
I have not used Google+ on my Note 3 since I've had it. Yesterday it asked me if I wanted to upload all my pictures and videos to my Google+ account. I selected yes and let it upload all of them. Since then every time I receive a call now I have a default Google+ image show up instead of my picture images I did have saved for contacts. Some of my contacts were using saved images from my Note 3 and others were pulling images from Facebook...now all I'm getting is the plain default Google+. Also, Google+ is killing my battery.

So, how can I force my Note 3 to start using my saved images and Facebook pictures for my contacts again...aside from uninstalling Google+?

I have not used Google+ on my Note 3 since I've had it. Yesterday it asked me if I wanted to upload all my pictures and videos to my Google+ account. I selected yes and let it upload all of them. Since then every time I receive a call now I have a default Google+ image show up instead of my picture images I did have saved for contacts. Some of my contacts were using saved images from my Note 3 and others were pulling images from Facebook...now all I'm getting is the plain default Google+. Also, Google+ is killing my battery.

So, how can I force my Note 3 to start using my saved images and Facebook pictures for my contacts again...aside from uninstalling Google+?

Open the Google+ application and then press the menu button to show a small menu at the bottom left of the screen which has an option labelled "Settings".

Click the "Settings" option and then you will be taken to a new screen of options with an option labelled "Auto Backup" at the top.

Click the option named "Auto Backup" and then you will be taken to a new screen of options, with a blue button at the top with the writing "On". Touch that button so that it goes gray and says "Off".

Then close Google+ application or just press the home key button.

Once you are on your phone's home screen press the menu button and choose the "System Settings" option.

Then you be easy n your System Settings with a new screen of options, and some tabs with labels on at the top. Press the tab with the label "General". After you have done that you will be presented with a new screen of options, with one of the options st the top labelled "Accounts".

Choose the "Accounts" option and then you will be moved to a new screen of option with an option labelled "Google".

Click the "Google" option, and then you will be taken to a screen of option with a list of email addresses. Choose your main email address and click on it.

Then you will be at a new options screen, of which there are two options with checks/ticks next to them. They are labelled "Google+" and "Google+ photos". You will need to remove the tick/check from those two options by pressing on the tick/check until it is no longer there.

After this you might need to change the photos for your contacts again after which they should stay like that forever

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones