need help with cusom rom

Last Updated:

1. mehras1991

mehras1991 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I rooted my milestone yet, & I don't have much information about Custom ROMs, I know what custom rom do ( such as installing apps to the sd card)

I did this this How To: Load a Custom ROM on the Motorola Milestone (Using Nandroid) | TheUnlockr to load custom rom, but now I don't know how to install apps to sdcard, & I don't know which custom rom I'm using, can anyone help me to know my custom rom & if I need to do any other process.

I searched a lot but I only found that there are different custom roms.
    the custom rom which the website told me to install was European through this page: Motorola Milestone ROMs | TheUnlockr

Advertisement
  2. ashketchum

ashketchum Well-Known Member

3. mehras1991

I really appreciate your help
    thanks alot
    but after doing those stuffs with GOT my phone's not coming up after that GOT open recovery, it wait loading on motorola LOGO, should I wait for a long time???

4. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

thats the boot loop you just need to reapply it in the open recovery...
    you did a nandroid back up right?

5. mehras1991

yea, but nandroid backup seems like emty, I don't see any of my own apps in the list...

6. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

That could mean its in the wrong dir... I know for me I had to change the dir for the actual restore as I explored where it put the back up once I created the backup before making any changes... but I also put the files in the dir it suggested as well just in case. So I would go exploring to make sure the files are in the right place... not sure if you can still do that or not... good luck