1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Need help with custom recovery install

1. my80chevette

my80chevette New Member

I recently installed UltraJack Recovery to my T-Mobile Comet/ U8150 and installed a custom rom. This went fine and works okay. I then wanted to return to the original factory rom and found my backup was corrupted. I found a copy of the rom at another site after much looking but now it won't install. I get a "E:No signature (6 files)" and a "E:Verification failed", then "Installation aborted.". I searched for these errors on the internet and found that it is a common problem that some have used Clockworkmod Recovery to fix but the version of CWM on the Google Play store isn't compatible with the Huawei U8150. I have found a earlier version but it requires Fastboot to install and I havent been able to figure this out. If ANYONE can help me I would really appreciate it. I will try to help others on here when I can and I hope others will do the same for me. Thanks for any help folks!

Advertisement
  2. nu2andy

nu2andy Well-Known Member

Hi my80chevette, My effort at doing the same thing as you, ended with an Abort for the same reasons.
    If I remember correctly, I could not find CWM which had the Ideos U8150 listed in it's menu. I emailed the Developer and to date I have not received a reply.
    What was the CWM version that you used? The phone is Rooted and works well, but I haven't found the right CWM version yet. I think I installed Ultrajack Recovery on the phone but can't confirm as I gave the phone to my grandson for Xmas.
    As I said the phone works perfectly well and when you use the App to check if the phone is Rooted, it confirms that it is rooted. Neil.