Need HELP with Droid Eris.....General

Last Updated:

1. mom2EandL

mom2EandL New Member This Topic's Starter

I have the droid eris with verizon. From the beginning I have had little issues with my phone but nothing to major. Now that I have updated it it seems to be one problem after another. My phone likes to freeze up after I unlock it, it won't make calls when I tell it to. It has the hardest time locate my blue tooth now and half the time apps either stop working while I am using them or won't work at all. I have restarted my phone several times and I am still having these and so many other issues. Am I doing something wrong or do I just have an f***ed up phone and need to get a new one from verizon. Please help me, these things are driving me crazy. :(

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear about all that.

Did you to the reset as a last step in the update installation?

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/80233-factory-data-reset-option.html

3. mom2EandL

mom2EandL New Member This Topic's Starter

Yes I did. This phone is just making me so mad now I want to throw it at a wall. It just seems to make one mess up after another.

4. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Agreed, this step may help out if you haven't done it yet. Yikes, I guess you have done this. Just to clarify, it was a "factory reset"? (Not just a power cycle).

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Everything you list as little problems are pretty much resolvable by the factory reset, as reported by users here.

If that is what you did, rather than just a reboot, then you should probably take the device back to Verizon for an exchange.

6. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

probably if you search for each specific problem on this forum you can find a solution. What is your memory like? do you have too many apps? How long have you had your phone? If it is new to you, then you should expect to be a little exasperated by it until you figure it out and tweak it like you want it. The Eris (like all smart phones) has a pretty steep learning curve. If you have had it for awhile and just are having these problems since the ota, a reset will do you a world of good.