1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Need Help With Droid X and XoomSupport

1. zidane9979

zidane9979 Member

So instead of wasting time and space , I wanted to just post all my questions and see what I get back.

1. I was wondering if GingerBread is the best ( fastest , highest quality ) os , and where should I go to download it?

2. The Xoom has issues streaming on some sites , I realize this is an issue on the side of the website , but was wondering if there was an update or App that could help with that , secondly are there sites that are more xoom ( android ) friendly?

3. Is the 4G update really worth sending out my Xoom to get updated ( along with the 32 gb add-on ) ?

Advertisement
  2. zidane9979

zidane9979 Member

No one ????
  3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

1. Gingerbread is the best and most current OS for Android smartphones. It has not yet been "officially" released for the Droid X. The version that's getting a lot of attention right now is a "leaked" version thats neither final nor sanctioned by Motorola or Verizon.

2. The XOOM is the first Android device released with Honeycomb (the newest and most current OS for tablets). The current version found on the Xoom (3.0.1) is the most current release available. With luck Motorola and/or Verizon will be releasing some detailed updates for the tablet in the coming weeks.

3. Is it worth sending in the Xoom for the 4G update? I guess it depends on whether or not you want access to 4G data which is significantly faster than 3G (assuming that it's available in your neighborhood). And, in any case, you paid for the 4G capability when you bought the tablet from Verizon (directly or through one of it's agents)...
    Grunnsetning likes this.
  4. zidane9979

zidane9979 Member

I appreciate the response, one last question , will I have to lose my media storage ( my torrent Movies ) to upgrade to the leaked version of GingerBread ?
  5. LaFlavor

LaFlavor Well-Known Member

You shouldn't lose anything on the SD card when you update. I often remove the card when I'm upgrading OSes.
    Grunnsetning likes this.
  6. zidane9979

zidane9979 Member

Okay , remembering I am not comp savvy , I need the best step by step on how to upgrade to the gingerbread , and the best download....