Need help with FB Sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by merciers, Jul 12, 2010.

1. merciers

merciers Active Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Software Engineer
    I am running purehero and it will not sync my FB contact photos. I have looked at all the fixes about uninstalling and reinstalling and rebooting but can't seem to get anything to work.

When I go into settings now, FB and FB for HTC Sense are both listed. The Sense one is already supposedly syncing, but when I click on the regular facebook icon it does nothing like I have never touched it at all.

Ideas? Help?

If anyone can suggest a better Vanilla ROM that isn't Fresh (I had trouble installing it) that would be appreciated, too.

Thank you!

Advertisement

2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I can't offer any suggestions for PureHero, but I can offer you an alternative:

DarchDroid 2.7.

3. merciers

merciers Active Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Software Engineer
    I tried Darchdroid 2.7, it ran really slowly for me as much as I wanted to love it. I ended up just installing Fresh 2.1.2 and skinning the taskbar and lockscreen to look like AOSP.

I was considering flashing the new 2.3.3 because I am not getting very good battery life. As someone who is running 2.1.2, do you have any opinions on this?

4. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands
    VIP Member

Mar 4, 2010
    operator
    upstate NY
  5. merciers

merciers Active Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Software Engineer
    I know! I saw that, but since I just rooted like last week and it is still in development I think I am going to wait until a more complete release. I have tried so many ROMs since rooting and all of them have their issues I know, but the MMS and the GPS and the kernel issues for that particular ROM all seem kind of confusing and a lot of hassle, you know?

6. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands
    VIP Member

Mar 4, 2010
    operator
    upstate NY
    I am going to run it today, if it has any issues, I will post them up. I have heard that a bunch of people are running it with no issues, so maybe I will be so lucky.... It is one of the coolest looking roms I have run, and with about 30 apps loaded, I still have 98 mb storage left. I haven't done a2sd, was going to wait until it settles out, then do some tinkering.....

7. merciers

merciers Active Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Software Engineer
    That sounds awesome! Good luck with the tinkering :) I will probably end up flashing it later today lol.

Tags: