• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with file transfer SD to SD

JerryInLodi

Lurker
Oct 11, 2011
I'm a new android user and new to this forum. I hope I'm posting this question in the right place.

I've figured out how to connect to my computer to transfer files to and from the built in Android SD card, however, I cant figure out how to transfer files internally from built in SD card to the micro SD card I purchased and inserted into my tablet.

I tried Astro and ES File Explorer but they don't seem to see the new micro card.

Is there an app, a simple one that would allow drag and drop, or something I'm missing witht the two apps I've mentioned.

Hope someone can help this newbie.

The first thing to determine is if the tablet actually sees the SD card. If you go to menu>settings>storage you should see it listed if it's mounted. The tablet model and OS version will allow us to discern exactly where the external Micro SD card is mounted.

An easier solution would be to mount the tablet as storage using the USB cable and both the internal "sd" partition and the external card should mount as independent flash drives. Just drag and drop between them.

Upvote 0
Thanks, the tablet is a Samsung 5pv210 running 2.3.1

the internal SD card is a 2 gig, the flash card I inserted is an 8 gig.

When I look at the storage info it shows only the 2 gig card.

When I insert the 8 gig flash card the tablet flashes "Preparing TF Card" and then it drops away. (It appears the tablet recognizes the card and has "booted" it up. However, it doesn't show in any of my file apps.

Funny, I put some music and some pictures on the flash card and although I don't see it recognized, I can see the pictures when I call up the Gallery App and play the songs with the Music App.

I'd like to be able to drag and drop between the internal card and the insertec card so that I can keep any downloaded stuff such a photos, etc on the temp card, saving the internal card for app storage, and otherwise properly manage directories.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones