need help with gmail contactsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. supersonic05

supersonic05 Member This Topic's Starter

I have been tring to sync my contacts that are on my phone to my gmail account so I can do the 2.1 upgrade. ALL of my contacts are google contacts and I sync all the time but when I log into my gmail account I see nothing.

please help

Advertisement
  2. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

What do you mean 'sync up all the time'? generally this is automatic and almost instant. have you ever seen your contacts in gmail? Using the right account?
    Try this, add a contact in the gmail web interface and see if it shows up on the phone within a few minutes.
    I've changed my ROM many times and depend on the gmail sync which has always worked.

3. supersonic05

I manually sync all the time trying to get it to work. I only have the one account but how do i make sure? I have and they don't show up on my phone.

4. supersonic05

anyone?

5. vikingisson

Are you sure that the Settings/DateSync/Google is set right? you might click it off and then back on. I just set mine to Off, cleared the Applications/Contact cache and made sure that all my contacts were gone. Then turned on DataSync and they all came back.

Worse comes to worse you might clear your contacts cache and create them from Gmail. They should appear on the phone.

6. supersonic05

it didn't seem to work, I delete a a contact. sync but it didn't come back.

I want to make sure that my contacts are save some where before i do the upgrade.

7. supersonic05

Could I make a new account and try again? or is there a way to change contacts from google to phone so I could sync them with my pc?

8. Ebaneezor

Ebaneezor Well-Known Member

you could also try Lookout app. its pretty solid for this.

9. fenwaynomar45

fenwaynomar45 Well-Known Member

dumb question but im trying to backup all my phone numbers.. it says google next to everyone in the address book.Does this mean they are backed up? Because when i log onto my gmail account it only says 8 contacts.. Thanks

10. vikingisson

It should mean that your contacts are sync'd but if you don't see them then something is wrong. If you create a contact in gmail does it then appear on the phone? That is how is should work. I had one ROM that didn't sync contacts so I don't use it but all the others from 1.5 to 2.1 have worked as expected. I depend on that sync so I can easily switch ROMs or phones.