• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help with huawei g510!

tom13

Lurker
Jun 5, 2013
Hey guys
i really need your help... i asked my frnd to bring a G510-0010 a few weeks ago when he was in china. i got it a few days ago and its pretty good! but there is just one big issue. It doesnt have Google playstore. i tried to install it manually but it doesnt work. i've installed it but it doesnt run.
I m a total noob wen it comes to cell phones...
Anyways i was reading a few threads about this topic and apparantly my bootloader is locked or sth.. and later i asked for the unlock codes from the chinese site

apparently the international site says my information (IMEI: phone S/N: model: etc) was wrong.. so ya anyways after submitting the information they told i should get the codes within 3 working days and i got them yesterday

Once i've unlocked it can i remove the chinese apps and install google play store? is it possible? please i m desperate. i have also posted this on 1 other site....

I m not really interested in Custom ROMS but if i dont have a choice i will go with that. Any help is appreciated..

dude, i gave up... i searched a lot.. yes u do have some alpha versions of some custom roms but ya those are just alpha versions with a ridiculous amount of bugs.

i doubt u will find anything in the next 8 or 9 months.. for now just use it as it is... as for me it was a serious mistake.. the phone's good dont get me wrong.. just i shouldnt have bought it frm china. :'(

Upvote 0
Once you root your phone you can uninstall any apps.You can also install any application by 'force'. Download the play store application from filecrop.com.Use root explorer or Solid explorer to excess the root of your phone then go to system>app and you will see all applications in phone. Place the play store app in the 'app' folder and reboot:)
The application will be installed in your phone once reboot is finished.
#You can install cyanogen mod ROM once you have recovery installed(after root).
#For detailed explanations visit my thread and post any questions you may have:)
#Step by Step ROOTING procedure on my thread
#MY THREAD-HUAWEI ASCEND G510 DEVELOPMENT THREAD.
#HIT thanks button if I helped.

Reactions: Guru82
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones