Last Updated:

1. mobileservice

mobileservice New Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 1, 2010
    2.) Firmware Version - 1.5
    3.) Baseband Version - I7500JVIG4
    4.) Kernel Version - 2.6.27

Hi Everyone,

Like many I am new to the forum and completely new to the android world. Now like the person in this link, I also want to update my phone so it becomes much more stable and have the app world. Now I live in Canada and want to use it on Wind Mobile that has just launched here. I read that link which I have stated in detail but the thing is most of things you guys are talking about like NPS, CSC, H7, etc. goes right over my head. Again I am a complete noob at this if you want to call me that so I was wondering if someone had the patience to really break down the process for me because my biggest fear is that I would mess up and ruin the phone. From the looks of it where kam187 was talking about branding and hopefully I understood it right it really doesn't make a difference for me. Thank you for your help and patience.

2. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
  3. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009

otherwise either use nps (new pc studio, the samsung software that comes with the phone) to update or if/when that doesn't work:
    1. get "odin multi downloader" (or whatever its full name is, it's referred to as just odin here most of the time)
    2. get a firmware you want to flash (there are links in these forums)
    3. remove the csc from the firmware (depending on the firmware, it's either a file called cache.img or *.csc)
    4. flash the phone
    mobileservice likes this.