Need help with LG Optimus CSupport

Last Updated:

1. cartans

cartans New Member

A couple days back I started having a problem opening up my phone's camera. Whenever I open the camera app, it takes me to a black screen and it says, "Failure to start preview." I've had this problem happened to me before but it would usually go away with a phone restart. Not this time tho, it's been like that for several days now. It's frustrating because I want to use it but it does not load up. Any one else running across the same problem as me?

Advertisement
  2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Try pulling the battery and then holding down the power button (this is called a soft reset).
    If that doesn't work and you are not rooted(this will brick a rooted phone) try going to settings/privacy menu and select the factory reset option (this will wipe all user data from the phone and make it like it was when you first purchased it).
    Before you try the factory reset option download App Tyrant from the Market. Open it up. It will automatically backup all you applications in their .apk form to the uSD card. Pull the uSD card out and put it onto a PC and transfer the contents into a new folder. This is just in case (happened to me once) it messes up your uSD card and you end up having to reformat it to FAT or FAT32.
    I would also make a note of where you placed your apps on each page so you don't end up scratching you head too much when you go to install them from App Tyrant once you have downloaded it after the factory reset.
  3. cartans

cartans New Member

Okay, I pulled out the battery and did what you told me to do but when I turned on the cell phone and tried to open the camera it gave me the same error message as before. I also followed your steps on resetting my phone but unfortunately it gave me the same outcome as before.
  4. uglydude21

uglydude21 Well-Known Member

factory reset is the only option due to ive never seen this before
  5. cartans

cartans New Member

Yeah I try that too but still having the same problem
  6. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

If it's still under warranty and you did everything mentioned, return it.
    cartans likes this.
  7. cartans

cartans New Member

Yeah, I think that's my best bet right now. Thanks.
  8. uglydude21

uglydude21 Well-Known Member

dont return it you need to kdz flash software(reinstall stock firmaware) its a lg program for emergencys ive used it to recover from brick use this progrma first google -lg support tool- when you load the program choose customer support-> recovery phone let it do what it do . never unplug it even if it may look unresponisve
  9. hank_rearden

hank_rearden New Member

I'd return it