need help with mail service on EVOSupport

Last Updated:

1. maxx2496

maxx2496 Active Member This Topic's Starter

to preserve battery life i would like to turn off automatically receiving mail updates and have to manually refresh my mailboxes myself. i believe to take care of that i would need to do so under account and sync and turn off syncing? is that right? correct me if im wrong please...... ALSO, under an email setting, what is the "set download frequency" used for ? and what does "always bcc me" do?

Advertisement
  2. zamardii12

zamardii12 Well-Known Member

You're right about the syncing part, and the set download frequency is exactly what is sounds like. It's how you often you want the phone to login to your email server and retrieve your mail. You can also set peak times on email recovery. For instance, if you only want your phone retrieving emails more frequently during your work schedule or just during the week and you want to download less often on the weekends or your day off then you can set it up like that.

Always bcc me means that a carbon copy of the email will be sent to you after it's sent to whoever is under the "to" column (bcc means blind carbon copy). So basically you'll receive the same email you sent but just the message itself.

maxx2496 likes this.
  3. maxx2496

maxx2496 Active Member This Topic's Starter

thank you so much. i love the support on these forums!