• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with MXQ remote issue

TouchFly

Lurker
May 20, 2011
Regular MXQ box (non 4K) (MXQ - Android 4.4.2 - Kernel 3.10.33)

Remote unit came with stopped working at together. Looking at IR through phone camera indicates non working remote (I tested another similar remote and IR flashing Purple)
I have a Measy GP800 remote which works great. The only issue is I have is there is no way to shut down the box from this remote and the box itself does not have a physical power button like my MXIII
I know for my MXIII and Rii remote, which looks similar, I use the F10 button. I tried my Rii remote on the MXQ but F10 does not shut it down/off

How can I get this new remote to shut off the unit. I really dont want to have to unplug it after every use and I fear just leaving the unit on 24/7 may damage it.

http://www.measy.com.cn/product/showproduct106_en.htm

201507251727489784.jpg

I also had a 'power button' issue when I bought my box.

I fixed it by uninstalling KODI and reinstalling it from the Google PlayStore.
If your KODI is set up with all your faves, etc, this may not be a convenient way to fix your issue and it may not even work!

I don't know how this fixed the problem on my box as these cheap devices seem to develop minds of their own... but it worked for me. My remote now has the 'power' button function restored...

(Actually - it's not 'power off' is it? It's 'stand-by' mode [red light], right?)

Upvote 0
Well the remote it came with is obviously busted as I tested it and concluded it is broke. While I do have other remotes (my MXIII) they do not seem to work as I think remotes are coded to specific units. I may be wrong on that. Maybe I'll try my MXIII remote on this box after installing KODI from app store. So what you're saying is the regular download from KODI website may be doing something t the player/remote?

Upvote 0
[QUOTESo what you're saying is the regular download from KODI website may be doing something t the player/remote?[/QUOTE]

I'm just saying what worked for me.
I downloaded KODI from the Google PlayStore and it (possibly) fixed my power button problem.
It may have been something else I did that fixed the problem or the box may have just fixed itself!

These devices are very unstable.
I now have problems accessing the PlayStore. I can fix it... for a while, but it keeps recurring.

I think people have expectations of these boxes that exceed their capabilities.
It's a cheap box with about $5 worth of components in it.
If it works, count yourself lucky... but expect it not to!

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones