Need help with my Hero

Last Updated:

1. bigawood

bigawood New Member This Topic's Starter

There is a very log lag when I select a function. Just tapping on phone and it takes forever to go to that screen. Also, battery life is terrible. Is there anything I can do to make it faster and make the battery last longer?
    Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

there are numerous things you can do. read the tips, tricks and useful apps sticky at the top of the forum, its incredibly helpful to new hero users, trust me.

3. thisnameistaken

thisnameistaken Well-Known Member

If you've just woken your phone up, stuff might be syncing and using all your CPU. Give it a little while to catch up.

It's probably because you've got your internets / bluetooth / GPS on full-time. If you switch all of them off except when you're using them you'll get a much longer battery life. This will mean you can only get calls and SMS though - you won't receive any email or other data updates until you switch Mobile Data (or WiFi where available) back on.

Press the Menu button > Settings > Wireless Controls > Mobile Network Settings and un-check "Enable always-on mobile data".

You might also want to add widgets to one of your home screens to switch these features on and off when you need them. Add > HTC Widget > Settings and add all the last four items to a home screen. They're just 1x1 toggle switches, very convenient.

4. bigawood

Thanks so much for the help!

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Did you update your Hero yet?

6. bigawood

I did update it and turned the GPS and internet features off and added the buttons as well but it didn't improve the lag. Anther thing that is driving me crazy is I push the voicemail button and it takes forever for the voicemail to start playing. Everything is just so slow.