Need help with my root!

Last Updated:

1. xxnicole

xxnicole Member This Topic's Starter

Basically I rooted my phone a few weeks ago, and now its super buggy. It freezes constantly, its really slow, my wifi keeps screwing up, sometimes my phone even inverts the screen and turns yellow/orange/green(sorry kinda hard to explain). anyways, i don't know if its the ROM I downloaded(Villain12) or what, but can someone please help me? I honestly don't really know what I'm doing, it took me 6 hours to do the whole root successfully, and I dont want to start doing anything else and possibly screw something up completely. Someone please help! :(

btw, the site I used to do the root was How To Root your Telus HTC Hero | Bak 2 Basiks

Thank you!!!

Advertisement
  2. Jyro275

Jyro275 Well-Known Member

Oh wow that sounds awful! Sorry that your rooting experience has been so terrible :(. I've never used Villian12 but I have been running ROMs from Cyanogen for the past 3 or 4 months and haven't experienced any trouble like that. There's a stable 6.0 version and an experimental 6.1 version (don't let the name deter you from trying it, as the nightly experimental versions are often better)

There should be instructions in the first link about how to install it. If you need more in depth instructions, you can find them here. It definitely shouldn't take you 6 hours this time. Maybe 1.5 at the most!

Hope this works! I'll help anyway that I can.

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Woah, hold on a sec. This is the GSM Hero section and you're posting files for the CDMA (Sprint) Hero. We have a separate section for CDMA Heroes here. Despite the name they are entirely different phones. (Can't fault you on the name there Jyro though :p)

xxnicole, if you've already downloaded any of those files please delete them - they will brick your phone.

Now the slowness of your phone and the wifi messing up could be attributed to the ROM. But it's the colours messing up that worry me. I've never heard of that before and it's possible your phone is in need of repair.

What I recommend you do is to flash the ROM as new and we'll make sure it's done properly. If it's still messing up we'll try a stock firmware. If that doesn't work fine then it's probably best to get it sent in for repairs, unfortunately :(

- Redownload Villain12 from their website here and put it on your sdcard.
    - On your phone use apps like Titanium Backup to backup all your apps/data. I'm assuming you already know what you want/need to backup and how, sicne you've done this already.
    - Reboot into the recovery menu you used to flash
    - From the backup menu do a nand backup. Do a nand + ext backup if you were using apps2sd.
    - From the wipe menu do a factory reset, wipe the normal cache and the dalvik cache.
    - Flash the Villain12.zip
    - Reboot and go to the villainROM updater and make sure to apply every update you can find.
    - Restore all of your data.

Then see how it goes.

4. xxnicole

ok, thanks, i cant do it right this moment, but i'll try it later on and let you know how it goes, thanks!

5. xxnicole

so, i just went to go redownload the ROM and the sites not up?

6. xxnicole

btw, i dont know if it'll help any, if not at all, but I originally downloaded the ROM im currently running from this website. Htc Hero roms

7. Xyro

8. Jyro275

Jyro275 Well-Known Member

Ah my bad man! haha. Nice name btw:cool:

9. xxnicole

sorry about the late response..but I did my phone, and i got the rom on successfully. only issue now is, i cant connect to the internet with my data plan, i have to be within wifi to use the internet..

10. Xyro

You might need to add the Telus APN settings to your phone.

You can find the one you need here. You enter it by going to the settings, then the network settings, then mobile internet and then APN list :)

11. xxnicole

Yeah I was able to fix it last night but thanks :) although its telling me I can't do any updates.