Need help with new phone's gallery?Support

1. hannah924

hannah924 New Member

Hi guys, I've had my HTC Merge for over a year but it stopped working so I got a replacement. Right off the bat I noticed that things were different on this phone, like the fact that it has a few more options for alarm sounds and ringtones, and the camera seems nicer and clearer. I checked and it says the android version is 2.3.4. But one thing really bugs me: my gallery. I can access it from the camera and go picture by picture, but I can't access it as a whole. When I click on the gallery icon it tells me "unable to connect to wifi network. This feature requires wi-fi access. Please enable wi-fi to use network media servers and players"

.....My pictures are all from the memory card of my old phone that I put in the slot of the new phone. Why would I need wi-fi? plus I have a data plan. I can access the internet without wi-fi. does anyone know what this is all about?

Also, as a side note, how would I be able to connect facebook to this phone without adding everyone on my friends list as contacts?

Thank you so much if you're able to help me!

Advertisement
    :
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hello and welcome to Android Forums. You might try renaming the directory/folder where your pictures reside on your SD card to dcim. I believe, by default, the Gallery app will be looking for that folder for pictures.

As for facebook... I believe when you first connect to facebook you are asked if you want to sync with your friends. Simply choose no.

I hope this helps.