1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Need help with phone

1. aaronstrong

aaronstrong Well-Known Member

Ok so here is my problem. I rooted and unlocked my buddies 1777 and the spilled water all over it so the battery took a crap and the computer wouldn't recognize anything was plugged into it. So he went to at&t and told them and he filed a insurance claim that said the battery was bad and they were gonna send him a whole new phone on the basis of his battery being bad and the phone still working. So last night trying to get this thing back to factory settings using Mobile Odin lite and the tar file I managed to restore it but the boot load screen still said Samsung 1900. I do not know how to change this or if I even can. So if I can't would it be possible to call insurance and tell them that he drop the phone thirty foot at work and shattered it. So they wouldn't know it was ever rooted or unlocked. Thanks for any help in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

haha, this story...

Anyhow, aaron, to try and help you out, you could read up and see if AT&T cares if the device is rooted, sometimes they don't, however, if they cannot turn the device on then that would surely prevent them from accessing it to see if the device is rooted.

Otherwise the only way they could tell is if they boot into recovery.
  3. LoafPincher

LoafPincher Well-Known Member

If you're on ICS, use Triangle Away

And they can easily you're rooted if they're smart enough to know that the i9100 triangle indicates that the phone has been modded with non-stock files (eg root and/or custom roms). Whether they care about it is another story.
  4. aaronstrong

I will have to make him call the insurance company and see what he can do because I was just gonna let it soak it water or microwave it haha. Hopefully he can just tell them he broke it and send it back messed up. I don't know his whole story he told them but I think it just had to do with the battery getting water damage so ill have to check into that too. Thanks for the feed back.
  5. aaronstrong

It doesn't have the yellow triangle. Mobile Odin took that away.
  6. LoafPincher

LoafPincher Well-Known Member

Well, it should restore the stock "Samsung Galaxy S II" boot screen then. It did on mine.
  7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Aaron, while you may be joking, some of what you are suggesting is insurance fraud and a felony. Committing a criminal act is never a good solution to a problem. Any further discussion of intentionally damaging your friend's phone to place an insurance claim will lock this thread.

As for the "yellow triangle", as loafpincher suggests, if you are able to clear the bootcounter to eliminate the yellow triangle, it should revert to the stock boot splash screen. I used a jig to reset mine and it did revert to the stock screen.
  8. aaronstrong

If the phone was to be further damaged it would be by my buddy because it is his phone not mine and his decision. As for clearing the yellow triangle and trying to get it back to stock boot screen I've been sifting through xda trying to find a solution but still nothing found.
  9. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

So wait a minute, are you saying you have the yellow triangle or you don't?
  10. aaronstrong

He doesnt. But everything got figured out hes just keeping the battery the sent and sending the new phone back.