• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Need Help With Potentially Simple App

sheltered

Lurker
Jun 3, 2010
I'd like to make an app that communicates with my picture blog website. All I'd like it to do is use the same database I create that has all my pictures stored or archived so it can pull the photos onto the app and also the comments as well. Each comment has a rating system so I'd like the users to be able to rate and participate simultaneously.

I'm new to android programming but this is what I have so far.

First, it would query the database and pull the latest and newest picture (what ever has been archived or entered into the database from the website first), then it will query the other database to pull comments and the ratings of each comment. If a user decides to submit a comment they can do that or just click a rating then the phone will submit back to the database and update so the website updates simultaneously.

Is this possible for me? Thanks! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones