1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Need help with recovery

1. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

Just rooted my phone using cf autoroot and need to install twrp recovery can someone please help me out with his
    Any help would be great thanks :)

Advertisement
  2. xXchrizhurtyXx

xXchrizhurtyXx Well-Known Member

At the end of this post there is a link to a folder that has all the things you need.

1. First you need to get odin. Download the RAR i provide.
    -Extract the files that are in the odin zip onto your desktop

2. Next you will download the TWRP tar file that is also provided and place that onto your desktop
    3. Next you will plug your phone to your computer, then don't disconnect the cable but remove your battery. Put the battery back in and press (VOL DOWN and Power) until it vibrates then just hold onto VOL Down. Your phone will enter download mode, press vol up if you want to continue.

4. Now your phone will be in download mode, next go into odin folder and open the odin app. The odin app should detect your phone. Then click on PDA and choose the TWRP tar file, and then click on start.

Thats it :D
    WARNING THOUGH. ODIN CAN BE TRICKY SOMETIMES
    HERES THE LINK:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-42w5uPNlY-LXRyNjg0Q3RkNFE&usp=sharing
  3. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

Thanks a bunch
  4. xXchrizhurtyXx

Did it work??
    willdo likes this.
  5. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

Yes well I just down loaded ROM manager installed that way but thanks again for you help:):thumbup:
  6. xXchrizhurtyXx

That would install cwm not twrp
  7. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

Yes. To get twrp you would have to down load goo manager
  8. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

That is how I have been getting custom recovery on my phone although I need to play with Odin more
  9. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

I found Rom an goo managers in gapp's play store
  10. lordodin912

lordodin912 Well-Known Member

willdo likes this.
  11. lordodin912

Also I'd like to recommend the ROM I've been using for over a month haven't found a better fit. [ROM][XXUEML1][09/01][Android 4.3][Released!] PhoeniX ROM v7.3 [Big Aroma | Fast | Stable | Clean | De/Odexed | Note 3 Features!] - xda-developers

Install ROM then latest KT kernel, then flash 3mint v.5 for android 4.3 it'll say mj6 or something don't worry about it. Boot up let sit for 5-10 mins then find and flash all black backs in i9505 theme section then install blueshafta123 Google keyboard.....profit.
  12. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

Cool thanks i will give a try
  13. lordodin912

Its slick. If the dialer doesn't theme right try downloading dB mods in the T-Mobile theme section, install themed dialer or any black themed dialer you can find, then reflash all black backs. I recommded just theming dialer weird blue but to each....
    willdo likes this.
  14. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

Hello hey can I run this rom on a t-mobile galaxy S4 the only reason I ask keep in mind I am still new to all this rooted stuff but I thought I could only use roms that said t-mobile in the file name about to down load and use thought I would ask ya first thanks for your time!!
  15. xXchrizhurtyXx

I'm pretty sure we can run i9505 roms, T-Mobile roms, and maybe atat roms.