• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help with reinstall

Nikoleta

Lurker
Jun 7, 2015
Im kind of new in the area so sorry for being a noob. I searched a lot and coulndnt find anything of a help so here is my prob:
I have Samsung galaxy tab 7 plus with 3.2 OS and i want to instal kit kat on it. But when i click on update there are no new updates... no nothing and i can not find any os that is right for my device (or i am not sure if it is). Id be very gratefull if anyone can show me where can i download a proper OS for my dev. and link me some good tutorial how to reinstall it. Than You.
capture_03[1].png

And just so you know, Android has to be built for the specific device, so you can't just go on the web and find "KitKat" and install it on your tab. What this means is that if Samsung haven't produced an update for your model then that's it.

The only alternative is if some enthusiast has done it themselves (a custom ROM), in which case you can try that but will have to learn about rooting the device first. If you decide that interests you then you need to learn what it involves before trying it - best would be to ask in the subforum for that device.

But try Funky's suggestion first :)

Upvote 0
Think you're gonna have to do a lot of reading and asking (no question is stupid on this site) and learn how to root and flash a custom recovery.
That will open the doors to you updating your tab unofficially (hack it)..
So that's the kind of thread you're gona have to make in your device forum.
I'm really sorry we couldn't be of more help and good luck..
(just don't do anything unless you fully understand it and youll be sweet)

Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0
Actually they can be rooted, and i installed jelly bean now... maybe later will go for the kit kat... but because it was not the exact firmware i can not use any sim card and make phone calls... but anyway o gt my phone for that... so i got it with the os i wanted... i just dont get the idea why 3-4 countries from all dont get the option to get the updates...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones