need help with ringtone :(

Last Updated:

1. Xandria

Xandria Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I was a good girl and read my Hero's guide AND looked in the Tips and Tricks sticky trying to figure out how to add ringtones that I created and have on my laptop's hard drive. Alas, I am now posting for MORE help.

This is what the Tips thread said:

To add new ringtones or SMS alerts, connect your Hero to USB and mount the device on your PC. Browser to the following folders:

Ringtones: /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones
    SMS Alerts: /sdcard/media/audio/notifications
    Alarm Alerts: /sdcard/media/audio/alarms

However, I cannot find the media folder. Or maybe I have not even gotten to the sd card! I was able to add wallpapers and actually use them, so I did something right along the way.

So, if anyone wants to help a new android girl with this probably very basic task, please do!

Thanks in advance.

PS: I also synced all my contacts and my calendar from my GMail account. So, not 100% lame. :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Create a folder called media.

Inside that folder create one that says audio. **this step may not be needed but is how mine is set up**

Create 3 folders called: ringtones, notifications, alarms.

Drag and drop tones from your computer into the appropriate folder.... That's it!

Xandria likes this.
  3. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Here's how I set it up. I just put 3 separate folders on my SD card called, ringtones, notifications and alarms without the media or audio folders. Make sure the folder names are not capitalized.

4. Xandria

Xandria Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thx!! I didn't realize I had to CREATE the folders. I got it working now. :)