need help with root+lag fix+gps fix

Last Updated:

1. m4r10

m4r10 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been following this forum since I started researching what phone to buy and now that my Vibrant will arrive tomorrow I have been searching on here how to root the phone, perform lag fix and gps fix in that order. I do not wish to mess with the rom.
    After the search I found a couple of links to xda to download what I needed but it looks like I don't have enough user privileges yet.
    Can someone let me know where I can find detailed instructions for a noob and where to get the files?
    (my first post)

wait, wait. just found more info to go through under "everything root" section.

Advertisement
  2. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

You know if you root the phone you wont get the OTA 2.2 upgrade, right? But, you can get it through rooting but it will be a beta version i believe. I could be wrong on that.

3. m4r10

I believe that I've read that you will still be able to receive OTA updates as long as you don't flash the ROM.
    I only found a download to be able to root. I'm still looking for the lag fix and gps fix.

4. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

5. aci78

aci78 Well-Known Member

Just have to flash back to original firmware prior to attempting the 2.2 upgrade. There is a link via xda site.

6. m4r10