1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

need help with rootingSupport

1. devoldog22

devoldog22 Member

ok im using moms pc good new cabel drivers installed still cums up as unknowen device so no pc i tryed z4root and gengerbreak and 3 others no go im on Samsung Galaxy Prevail sph-m820-bst kernel version 2.6.35.7 android version 2.3.6 if you know enny programs that will work and i cant use odin to revert it to a older version sorry so dont freking post that countless times to me like on other postes wen i have no pc to use it on that will except my phone cus all i get it as on this only pc as unknowen device with drivers and every thang so pleas help me i want this thang rooted so bad

Advertisement
    :
  2. devoldog22

devoldog22 Member

3. vce2005

vce2005 Well-Known Member

Hi,

first you need to solve the USB issue, so your phone is recognized. There is " N O " other way to root your Prevail !!!! PERIOD !! Go on the comp to device manager, then on the menu "view/show hidden devices" and delete ( uninstall ) everything listed in the Universal Bus section. Disconnect any USB devices, like mouse, keyboard, etc,. Then reboot the computer and let Windows detect all usb ports new. Then install either the 32-bit OR 64-bit drivers, depending on your version of Windows ( right click My computer, Properties ) :

here are the drivers for Win 32-bit and Win 64-bit :

32-bit : http://db.tt/eGN4acLK

64-bit : http://db.tt/IlIkQ4BV

Then download :

FE16_ROOTED_CWM : http://db.tt/ORBp3o3J

and finally follow the guide : [GUIDE][CTmod] Rooting the Prevail for Dummies (written by a dummy)

If you have questions or need help, please post in the "All Things Root" section !

Good luck.
  4. vce2005

vce2005 Well-Known Member

There is NO app to root the Prevail !!!

EDIT : "i cant use odin to revert it to a older version sorry so dont freking post that countless times to me like on other postes wen i have no pc to use it on that will except my phone cus all i get it as on this only pc as unknowen device"

Well, as I said, there is no app to root your Prevail, but all the people here in this forum will be able to help and assist you. You are in the right place for rooting your Prevail........ However, you can still search around and maybe find "your app" and brick your phone or make a nice paper-weight out of it !!!!
  5. devoldog22

devoldog22 Member

i have the drivers installed and idk how to fix the unknowen device prob iv tryed uninstalling the drivers wen i hook the phone back up it dusent want to serch for the drivers
  6. SirSpace

SirSpace Well-Known Member

One question what windows do you have and 2 are your system updates up to date cause if there not and your installing the Samsung drivers with old system updates it won't recognize the new drivers