1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Need help with SIM cardSupport

1. putz

putz Well-Known Member

Hi, I just bought a Droid Incredible 2 & Verizon/Vodafone SIM (world) card from eBay (both from different people) & I wanted to know, if it's ok to activate it now, or only when I plan to travel abroad?

Even if I don't activate it now, would it be a problem if I took it out of the card it came in & slid it into my phone?

A side note; how do I get the "Droid" sound at the start up screen to work? even with my volume up it doesn't work. I had the incredible & thunderbolt, & now I returned to Droid & I really miss that sound. :p

Advertisement
    :
  2. STeVe7320

STeVe7320 Well-Known Member

Don't know about the sim card. I never activated mine. But as for the Droid sound, I think that's a Motorola thing. Could be wrong.
  3. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you need to get the SIM unlock code from Verizon before you leave the country.
    putz likes this.
  4. putz

putz Well-Known Member

Ok, but how do I get it to work. When I turn on my phone, it's completely silent.
  5. putz

putz Well-Known Member

So I'm assuming that I have to call the "global support team"?
  6. bberryhill0

I just checked on that and was told I have to call 908-559-4899 for the global folks so it looks like that's who you have to call.

* From there they check to see if your account is in good standing and text you the unlock code. Then when you insert a different SIM card the phone asks for the unlock code.
    putz likes this.
  7. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

The global support number is actually is saved on the Sim card, people> menu> view> check Sim (1) it will show up.
  8. putz

putz Well-Known Member

with my SIM inserted, should I keep it on global mode, or should I keep it on CDMA mode?
  9. bberryhill0

Or hit search and type "global". I wondered why my phone already knew that number.
    putz likes this.
  10. putz

putz Well-Known Member

does anybody know how to activate the "Droid" intro sound?
  11. bberryhill0

When do you want that sound? If just on a boot then it's probably related to the boot animation. You need root to get to /system to change that.
  12. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

If you are in the united states using the phone on VZW's network you will want to run it on cdma mode.
    This will save battery life since it will deactivate the gsm radio from searching for a signal and not finding one.

Menu> settings> call> preferred network choose cdma as preferred.
    You would only want to use gsm when traveling abroad.
    putz likes this.
  13. putz

putz Well-Known Member

Aw, screw that! my rooting days are over!

Did they not put that sound into the incredible 2? cause the original incredible has it.
  14. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

No, the DInc 2 doesn't have it natively. I had the Inc 2 as well and was also disappointed with the lack of identity with the DROID brand. Motorola seems to have kept the majority of the DROID pie. Maybe the original incredible was just an exception.