• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root need help with unrevoked3 driver for windows

breznou

Aug 12, 2010
hi all, ok my problem is i cant get pass where it ask me to browse for the android-usb-driver. i downloaded it a few times saving it in different places but when i browse for them i have no idea where the file is. this is the first time rooting and i really want to lean how to do this. i hope you guys know what i and trying to say. any help would be grat. thanks.

if i can get passed this i should be fine.

Ok still having problems because.i saved the Android-usb-driver file under my name on the desktop but when i browsed and click on my name where i saved the file. It would say that it couldnt locate the driver. I am so lost but really want to figure out how to do this. I wish there was tech support I can call lol.

Upvote 0
download the zip file, extract the folder on your desktop and leave it there. It's a pretty simple process, public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]

Honestly if you can't figure this out right now you might want to hold off on rooting for a little bit. Rooting with this method is a breeze. Be patient and read everything multiple times and then once again.

Reactions: breznou
Upvote 0
Don't take my last post as being harsh but as being a recently rooted member I was just trying to offer up some advice. Don't root your phone just to say you rooted it, anyone can do it. There is a ton of great information on here and XDA. My general rule of thumb when it comes to this kind of stuff, if you are unsure of what you're doing then don't do it. You don't want to brick your phone. Just take your time, read the guides on here to the point where you know what to expect when you're doing something, whether it being loading a boot animation, splash, etc. Good things come to those who wait...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones