• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help with Verizon & my nexus

q4kntmare

Lurker
Jul 27, 2012
I have had my Nexus since they first came out and have been very unhappy. With the microphone problems (slightly fixed), Call dropping, Internet malfunctioning... etc, I am not happy. Verizon has sent me 2 phones (1 replacement nexus and 1 razr). I still had problems with the replacement nexus, and dislike the razr.

My question is, does anyone know of anyway I can get verizon to exchange my problem phone with a Galaxy S3? I don't care if it costs me a little more money.

The store said they cannot do anything for me, but I have heard of people getting this type of exchange.

Thanks for the help

You have to speak to the people on the phone at verizon and be nicely forceful. Tell them you bought a Samsung made device and do not want a downgrade. If they acknowledge the issue is systemic to nexus, you can usually get them to bump up a level

Policy dictates a lateral move but if no suitable lateral move exists they will bump up

Upvote 0
It also helps if you have a record of calling customer service about the problems you are having. Reception issues are a big deal also. As soon as you mention dropped calls and issues with going online especially if you are in a covered area will make them more amenable to upgrading you to a different phone.

It might mean an extension of your contract though. Make sure you ask about that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones