• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with Yahoo mail.

AweSomeFacE4

Lurker
Feb 26, 2012
I need help with my yahoo mail,I don't know why cant you make yahoo main account for android,why you MUST chose gmail to be your main account.
Now I have two accounts on my phone for a long time;
xxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com(The only mail account I use)
and
xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com(Created because couldnt register android with yahoo).

So my question is if I factory reset my phone and at the start,when it asks:
"Do you have Google Account" chose Yes and then type my Yahoo mail it says something like :
"Invalid email,try again."
I bought few apps,but they are on gmail account,is there any way to transfer them to my yahoo account?(5 dollars,so not big deal if I cant transfer purchases.)

So,is there a way to register android phone using only yahoo?

Thanks

I need help with my yahoo mail,I don't know why cant you make yahoo main account for android,why you MUST chose gmail to be your main account.
Now I have two accounts on my phone for a long time;
xxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com(The only mail account I use)
and
xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com(Created because couldnt register android with yahoo).

So my question is if I factory reset my phone and at the start,when it asks:
"Do you have Google Account" chose Yes and then type my Yahoo mail it says something like :
"Invalid email,try again."
I bought few apps,but they are on gmail account,is there any way to transfer them to my yahoo account?(5 dollars,so not big deal if I cant transfer purchases.)

So,is there a way to register android phone using only yahoo?

Thanks

First off you need to understand that Android was provided to the world via Google. Google owns it not Yahoo. You need a gmail account to buy apps from the play store. You can use an alternate store like Amazon but again you have to have an Amazon account and if you ever delete the Amazon app store none of the apps you purchased will work with your device any longer.

No you cannot transfer apps over to a yahoo account. Yahoo has nothing to do with android except its own program(s) made for it. Just like with the iStuff out there you are tied to the iTunes with it. There are alternative markets but with that comes the risk of getting programs that have been hacked to leak your information back to the "Home Office" of the hacker(s)

Registering your android phone with Yahoo is like registering your Windows computer with Apple.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones