• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Herofreak

Jun 13, 2010
I used the thread on XDA development.com to get the recovery onto my hero. I got the recovery installed no problem. Whenever I put a ROM onto my SD card i wipe the factory setting. Whenever I try to wipe Dalvik or the SD it say error so I go ahead and flash from zip witht he ROM. Whenever it says roboot now I do and it sits their stays on the white HTC screen for a long time. Than goes blacks and starts looping the samething. I rooted my 1.5 with no problem but idk what im doing wrong on 2.1

You need to upgrade to 1.6.2 and you will not get that error anymore.

As for if it is necessary to wipe Dalvik, if the ROM says to do so, then yes you need to. Typically if the install doesn't work after wiping data, then you need to wipe dalvik as well.

As for how to upgrade to 1.6.2, read the tutorial up top here. It tells you how to flash the Recovery Image. The process is the same for upgrading it.

Upvote 0
I'm using 1.5.2 and the error was only the first time I went to wipe it. I ignored the error and continued and all worked fine FWIW.

Correct. The error is actually a bug. It tells you it doesn't work, or that you have to do it from adb. Most of the time, if you ignore the error, it actually does wipe dalvik. However, to be 100% sure, if you update, you should be good :)

Upvote 0
You need to slow down and take your time :). If you read throughly, you would know that USB Debugging can stay on. You do not need to turn it off. After you have successfully rooted your phone and flashed the Recvoery 1.6.2 image, you can then wipe data and dalvik. You can then flash the ROM through recovery. It shouldn't take long to flash, then afterwards, you need to choose reboot phone. After that, your phone will start up. It will take a while the first boot, so be patient. If you still have issues, you can try to wipe EXT as well.

I just flashed this ROM this morning as a test, and it flashed no problem at all. You should not be having problems if you are doing everything correctly :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones