• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I've got a boost mobile Samsung galaxy s5 model SM-G900P. I rooted it and installed CyanogenMod. My phone is now telling me the model number is SM-G900F, and i can't get the cell phone network connection to work. Everything else is working fine so far to my knowledge, other than it won't connect to the cell network. I have no idea what's wrong or what to do. I'm using a WiFi hotspot from another phone right now to post this. Somebody please help me. Thank you.

If the information over at sammobile.com is correct, the G900P model is for CDMA networks like Verizon and Sprint, and since Boost is a subsidiary of Sprint, that makes sense. The G900F looks to be the international version which will most likely be GSM. CM is most likely using generic settings for the S5 which is why it identifies as the intl. version.

It may be as simple as finding out what the correct APN settings are for Boost/Sprint networks, but I'd suspect there may be more wrong than that. I'd seriously consider finding the correct firmware and reflashing that ... or taking it back to stock.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

That is the correct build for the G900P model for Sprint. Looks as though you need to change your APN settings to Boost. I am still confused as to why you are showing the GSM model, G900F, on your phone. Could just be a Nightly build glitch. Try installing the Snapshot build for your model of phone instead... http://download.cyanogenmod.org/get/jenkins/183414/cm-13.0-20161013-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5YAO21L-klte.zip

Upvote 0
That is the correct build for the G900P model for Sprint. Looks as though you need to change your APN settings to Boost. I am still confused as to why you are showing the GSM model, G900F, on your phone. Could just be a Nightly build glitch. Try installing the Snapshot build for your model of phone instead... http://download.cyanogenmod.org/get/jenkins/183414/cm-13.0-20161013-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5YAO21L-klte.zip
How do i change the APN settings to boost?
If that don't work I'll install the snapshot version.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The Boost Mobile guide has the settings but very minimal instructions. Just to be clear, you go to menu>settings>wireless & networks>cellular networks>advanced>access point names. There you should see a little plus sign at the button you use to add a new AP Name. Enter only the information you see on the Boost site. If there is a setting not shown, then just leave it blank. When you are done, make sure you save it and that the blue dot is next to the new APN to show it as active.

Reactions: Brillzilla07
Upvote 0
The Boost Mobile guide has the settings but very minimal instructions. Just to be clear, you go to menu>settings>wireless & networks>cellular networks>advanced>access point names. There you should see a little plus sign at the button you use to add a new AP Name. Enter only the information you see on the Boost site. If there is a setting not shown, then just leave it blank. When you are done, make sure you save it and that the blue dot is next to the new APN to show it as active.
I don't see the advanced or access points buttons; they're not there.

Upvote 0
Are you sure it's not there? I've just checked four different phones (Nexus 6, S7 Edge, Nexus 4 and an old S2) and it's always listed right under cellular networks. Could it be you need to scroll the screen to see the Access Point Name Options? Sorry, I don't have a phone running Cyanogen to be able to check.

If you don't see something like this then let us know exactly what you see under cellular networks.

att-apn.png

Reactions: Brillzilla07
Upvote 0
Are you sure it's not there? I've just checked four different phones (Nexus 6, S7 Edge, Nexus 4 and an old S2) and it's always listed right under cellular networks. Could it be you need to scroll the screen to see the Access Point Name Options? Sorry, I don't have a phone running Cyanogen to be able to check.

If you don't see something like this then let us know exactly what you see under cellular networks.

View attachment 111045
I see data roaming, preferred network type, network operators, carrier settings. I click on carrier settings and get the error message Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped. I click OK, click cellular networks again, carrier settings and finally see access point names but everything is grayed out and it won't let me click on any of them; access point names included. Access point names only shows up after I get the error message but it won't let me click it.

Upvote 0
I see data roaming, preferred network type, network operators, carrier settings. I click on carrier settings and get the error message Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped. I click OK, click cellular networks again, carrier settings and finally see access point names but everything is grayed out and it won't let me click on any of them; access point names included. Access point names only shows up after I get the error message but it won't let me click it.
Access point names showed up before I installed CM

Upvote 0
That looks like the right version. Don't know why the nightly would work for you, but hopefully this will get you squared away. I do know that with CDMA networks, you must activate the device. Maybe flashing it somehow breaks that with Boost.
I downloaded snapshot on my friend's phone. Now I'm transferring it to my phone through Bluetooth. After I flash it, I'll update you guys on how it went/if it fixed it. I've got mad respect for you guys and thank you doesn't begin to show how grateful I am for ya'lls help. You're all amazing!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Upvote 0
My LTE isn't working. 3G is though.

1. Have you got the correct Boost APN settings? (Boost is a CDMA network that uses GSM for LTE and this is a known issue with the G900P, kltespr, model.)

2. Have you enabled LTE in your phone's settings?

I am afraid that with the G900P, this is a known issue and there have been lots of fixes, one way and another, posted for it. among them...

Kltespr Lte Issues

No LTE on kltespr

Recently lost LTE on my KLTESPR CM13

It really is a case of trying to see what works for you or post on the CM forums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones