• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help!

Ok, I rooted my phone using the directions and commads in following post:

Rooting the Droid without rsd lite up to and including FRG22D

Now what?? I rebooted my phone and it says

Bootloader2c.7c

Battery OK
OK to program
Transger Mode:
USB

(Noob here, and wasn't gonna do this, but I've heard nothing but good things about rooting phone, just need to be pointed in right direction..thanks in advance for your help!):thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

ok...so dumby me didn't realize that my phone didn't actually turn back on...lol

Turned phone back on and downloaded ROM manager...when starting this app, a screen pops up that says "You must root your phone for ROM manager to function. Superuser was not found at "/system/bin/su" or "/system/xbin/su". Use Google search on your computer to find instuctions to root your phone."

This I take it means I didn't root my phone properly??

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
don't give up. Once you get root you will never have to do it again and you will be happy you did.There is a one touch root option out there but I have never used it. The people here will always help you. Plus it is extremely hard to brick your phone.

Try the one touch or the rsd lite version to root. Sorry I am not much help but I rooted so long ago that the method I used is outdated.

Reactions: motoconvert
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones