• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help

You really have to be cautious when flashing kernels. I soft bricked my phone 4 times before I finally did it. What I figured out is the kernel you are gonna flash depends on the way your gonna flash it example through odin, clockwork or the stock recovery. You cant flash a kernel meant for the stock recovery through odin and vice versa. Ill try to find the link to the kernels.

Upvote 0
I just rooted with OCLF and updated to Axura and now I want to add Voodoo lagfix Kernal. How do I go about doing that? Also How do I know if its been done correctly?

Actually the 2.0.5 has a VooDoo supported kernel. So did you do the lagfix with OCLF or just root? IF you just rooted all you need to do is download the Voodoo enable zip file and then the VooDoo disable file from the same thread you downloaded Axura. Then go into CW and install the VooDoo Enable zip file. VIOLA done.

BE VERY CAREFUL, everytime you want to flash a new rom you need to go into CW and do the VooDoo disable Zip file.

Once you do the VooDoo enable then reboot, then use a file explorer to see if you have a VooDoo folder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones