Need Help!!

Last Updated:

1. Presto343

Presto343 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

MY NE2 is up, and my parents are saying they feel like VZW is too expensive and might switch to....SPRINT. Ugh. They said they need to do their research, can ANYONE here help me convince them otherwise.

We have 3 phones on a family plan of 1400 minutes, unlimited texting, no data.

I want either the nexus or incredible, and I think my parents are tossing around getting 3g multimedia, or blackberries the next time around.

Does anyone know where I can find a price comparison of other similar plans for different carriers to show them it won't save money...or THAT much money.

Jesus I don't want sprint.

FML

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

If I were you, I would be looking at the coverage in your area. Find out how people that live around you are doing on Sprints network and how the service is. Do they travel very often? Show them how the coverage is in the places they travel to most. Have they had to deal with Verizon's customer service? Show them what a joke Sprint's customer no-service is.

Sprint has a lot of downsides, but price is not one of them. I doubt you will get the results you want if you go the price comparison route.

If they are hell bent on switching or just hell bent on saving money then you may want to have them look in the direction of T-Mobile. If the coverage is good in your area then you may have a win win on your hands. They have the phones, customer service and price that you all might be looking for. Don't get me wrong, I am a die hard fan of VZW, but if I had to switch it would be to T-Mobile over Sprint or At&T.

3. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

That is for sure, the mobile phone price comparison chart is exactly what you don't want your parents to see if you want to stay with Verizon. Sprint is still better than AT&T and they are getting a nice HTC phone soon.

Your only other option really is to demonstrate another area that Verizon excels in or get a job and pay for the VZW plan yourself (I don't even like that option, I cry everytime the bill arrives because I am cheap.)

4. Presto343

Good advice, thank you guys.

3devious: I hear you. I am a 23 year old bartender waiting on my law school applications. Money is tight, family plan helps. I will have to pay the $30 data, and thats it. If i stay with VZW by myself...ugh.

Thanks guys.

5. cdmta

cdmta Well-Known Member

I'd be excited about the supersonic then.

6. Presto343

4.3" seems to big.

I gotta see one in person though to know for sure.

7. cdmta

cdmta Well-Known Member

Many people say, due to the screen going flush to the sides, it isn't much bigger than the nexus. although i saw a video of both, and it sure seemed larger to me.

How's Milwaukee, i am from there.
    Really miss Summerfest.

8. Presto343

No kidding? It's good, but cold. We just got 14" of snow.

I just graduated from MU and I bartend at Murphy's on campus. You ever been around there?

9. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

I'm sure this will help Presto343 out. good advice...

10. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

have they checked the price change in there plan? my plan went down in cost with there new prices. The first two lines are really where most of the cost of the plan is. Each additional line is like $10 text/call plus $30 data. So its not that bad. I think if you do it right, the first two phones without data are only like 70 bucks, and then add $30 per phone that needs data. If they get BB and you stick with android it will cost like 170.

that is rough math, based on number from my head, just ask the store what the new price is. they might of not yet got a bill the reflects the price change.

11. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Plain and simple for me, Sprint is much cheaper than Verizon for the included features. But I'm a Verizon customer because when it comes down to bang for your buck, Verizon wins. All the features in the world don't matter if I can't use the phone where I travel.