• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need helping choosing a mid range smartphone

Calriss

Lurker
May 30, 2016
I've been trying to decide on a phone now for a few weeks and I'm seeking some advice. I'm on T-mobile and my budget is around $350. Here's what I'm looking for:

-Supports T-mobiles band 12 as I will be using the phone indoors alot; and since I'm paying for it I would like to use it.
-5' + screen as I watch a lot of videos/streams and this device is replacing my small tablet as well. (I prefer Amoled displays but its not 100% necessary)
-MicroSD expansion.
-Battery life! I would really love for it to be removable as well.
-I would prefer to buy the product new.
-A decent camera

Extra bells and whistles: NFC, finger print scanners, and ir blasters and the like are all neat but not really playing into my choice.

Upvote 0
@Calriss
Given the list of what you'd like for T-Mobile,just the price point/new/I-R Blaster/Band 12 alone narrow the field to pretty much what I listed previously.
AT&T phones are T-Mobile friendly as well,but,if you're into modding (root/ROMS),that's a no-go.
Using http://willmyphonework.net/ will hasten your search,as you may find international versions of the models listed that support Band 12.
Good luck in your search & again,WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS ! :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones