Need ideas on car dock...Accessories

Last Updated:

1. zizzerboy

zizzerboy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone! Happy Thanksgiving!

I am wanting a place in my car to put my Cappy so I can use it for music, navigation, calling, etc. I know I'm being a little picky here, but I would like it in a place that is very accessible. Because I tend to sit pretty far back in my seat, and because my car has a recessed dashboard, a dashboard kit or windshield mount is going to be a little too far away. A vent mount might work, but isn't ideal for me. Here is a pic of my setup:

[​IMG]

Does anyone have any ideas for me? What I really need is something robotic that goes underneath my head unit that slides out! :D But seriously, is there any type of mount that I would somehow be able to stick in that space below my head unit?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Has anyone had good experience with the Dash Genie? It seems to have good reviews, and I like the fact that it doesn't have any spring-loaded arms...

Advertisement
  2. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

zizzerboy likes this.
  3. zizzerboy

zizzerboy Active Member This Topic's Starter

4. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

They were too pricey for me, that's for sure. But given your preferences, they seem the only game in town.

I personally use a $16 mount in a beanbag dash thingy. Works great for me since I have a long flat dash.