need info on evo and sprintSupport

Last Updated:

1. havoc449

havoc449 Member This Topic's Starter

is there a way to release a phone from an account once it has been reported lost or stolen without dealing with sprint?i know if i have the orig owner call sprint they can because i had done this a couple times when i lost a phone and found it shortly after. So i recently acquired an evo from a friend who found it and tried to return to the owner for a reward, owner then said my friend could keep it because they just got their replacement he's got Verizon so he let me get first dibs. the other question i have is what is the fee to activate a evo if you already have a data plan ($10?) oh just fyi i'm using the sprint hero with cm6 right now but would love to get on to the EVOLUTION :D:D

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I would have to say the onlylegal way would be to have the original owner contact sprint, just as you have done in the past.

havoc449 likes this.
  3. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

I think if you have the original owner contact Sprint they might end up being charged full price for the replacement they received through the insurance. It's just a hunch, but I really do think that's what might end up happening. It will also be hard to get Sprint to reactivate it after it's flagged as stolen or lost.

4. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

That phone is useless to you :p

Send it to me for proper disposal :D