• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need internet on Optimus S phone, FROM LAPTOP with AIRCARD???

chuckctv

Lurker
Jun 26, 2011
Heres the deal guys,

Yes im being cheap, but so what if it works.. right?

I got my brothers Optimus S (LS670ZVD) off him 2 weeks ago. I love it. No service, i put it into airplane mode, and the battery life is super.

I have WIFI at home, freinds houses, even most restaurants and places, all auto-setup to switch when in range. its great. but long trips , i dont have no net. But i could if some one can help me here.

Im willing to root if this will help also.

My laptop has a verizon air-card in it (stuck in contract); its a pcmcia one, You would think it would be easy to share this through my laptop when on trips with my optimus and other wifi devices, but i CAN NOT GET IT TO TWORK> pulling my hair out here.

Ive tried connectify & virtualROuter, neither work , connectify refuses to let my aircard connect, ive tried/changed everything and searched the net forever, and virtualrouter refuses to startup even with other hack tricks.

this should not be hard to do. so how can i get internet from my laptop (with verizon air-card internet), to the Optimus S??

I also have a 54g USB wifi adapter besides the bluetooth/wifi biult in also.

PLEASE HELP... AD-HOC is easy idea, but android does not work with AD_HOC.

btw- I run Win 7 Premium 32-bit also.

thanks (im very techy, just cant find the info, everything seems to send me back to the above 2 programs).

PLEASE HELP...
chuck

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones