Need keyboard help, advice.

Last Updated:

1. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, I'm a new convert to CM6 and I'm LOVING it! It's breathed new life into my phone... I haven't even started tweaking and overclocking!

Anyway, on the last ROM I was using, I installed HTC_IME and loved it... I've tried several times to get it working on CM6 but can't get any love... So I'm looking for options.

Honestly, if someone could point me to the options for the keyboard on CM6 so I could swap to the compact qwerty, I'd be a happy camper. Barring that, a working HTC_IME install or some amazing replacement keys that I know not of.

Hit me!

Advertisement
  2. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

the htc ime keyboard works with cm6, if that is what you are asking. I dont have the link, but if you search for it over at xda, make sure you get the lo-res version for the hero. There is also a droid x multitouch keyboard thats been ported to our phone (also, just search it on xda).
    I think the compact querty might be a htc keyboard so im not sure you are going to find that. I think swiftkey is very similar though?

3. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

I have swiftkey and I like it better than anything I've tried including Swype, but it is now $3.99 in the market

4. nathanotis

I've installed the hi, the lo, newest as well as older versions of IME. I've tried it with and without "clicker"... Today I'm getting force closes, which I guess is better than yesterday when nothing was happening when I tried to open the keys...

It seems a simple install... What am I missing? I know people are running htc_ime on cm6.

I want it NOW!!! </verucasalt>

5. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

just uninstall all the htc ime keyboards you have and reload the lo res version. its the only one that will work. are you going into the settings to activate the keyboard?
    menu>settings>keyboard

Which file are you using to get the apk? maybe its just a bad file. it should install like any other apk

6. nathanotis

I've uninstalled the apks and started from scratch twice, using the file I downloaded from XDA... I have gone into the settings and even rebooted after installing the APKs.

I'm stumped.