Need Kid's TV channels on phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. jrenewill

jrenewill Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did a search, but I can't really find an answer out here. I have seen the Flo TV thing, but it has bad reviews. I've read that vcast on verizon might be a better result. However, does it have ANYTING besides sports? That's all I see. I'd really like to hand my INC over to my 8 year old in the car and let her watch nickelodeon or disney when she's driving me crazy. Is that possible? Is there a better solution than vcast if it doesn't work or if they don't offer it?

thanks!

Advertisement
  2. kriskmk

kriskmk Well-Known Member

seems more like a parenting problem. don't get me wrong, I have a 4 year old who is also hooked to the games on my phone and to watching her kid movies..If you make it very convenient for her to get her entertainment.. it's only gonna get worse.. need to ween children off of so much television at this age.

3. jrenewill

krismk, duly noted. last time i checked, this was a phone forum, not a place to ding someone on their parenting skills. However, freedom of speech whatever.

Does anyone else have any ideas for this? I am very interested in allowing her to watch the kid's programming like what is available on Flo TV.

Please don't bother to respond with "why is your child watching Tv comments." Thanks!

dantheman7, Steven58, Musky and 2 others like this.
  4. Computerguru01

Computerguru01 Well-Known Member

I too am interested in this... makes sense to me.

5. Karuk

Karuk Well-Known Member

Youtube has worked for me. Some kids shows on there.
    I loaded a couple movies onto the phone as well.

FLO has Nick(jr?)

6. BradF

BradF Active Member

lol @ krismk. The person asked about apps for the phone, not parenting advice!!

Your best bet is to pay the $10 a month for VCAST. It may seem steep but there are a TON of choices. Even full episodes of Dora.........

7. Buenos

Buenos Member

vcast has a kids section:
    Cartoon Network
    Disney Channel
    Looney tunes
    Nick Jr.
    Nikelodeon
    Peanuts
    Scooby Doo & Friends
    Sesame Street
    Teenick

My kids love em....

8. quest7

quest7 Well-Known Member

If I did this, i would never get my phone back, lol. But a good option.

9. crutoi

crutoi Well-Known Member

there is a really good AVI player that was released lately, you can load up about 10hours on a 8gb sd card and that should keep kids busy for a while, other then that youtube is the way to go unless youre willing to pay 10$ for vcast

10. jrenewill

awesome, thank you all so much for the advice! sounds like vcast is worth it for that, and I can watch some shows as well.

I love this forum!

11. jrenewill

Ok, just went ahead and paid the $10 for vcast. I looked and there are tons of kids programming, as well as cool stuff for myself. This is the WHOLE reason I got a phone like this! I love it! Phone, TV, games, skype, entertainment genius!!!

So, if anyone is looking for a variety of programming since hulu isn't available, I hightly recommend vcast.

12. starogreen

starogreen Well-Known Member

I have let them use all. VCast is a favorite, I bookmark their favorites on Youtube--carebear episodes, trains, songs, etc. And there are TONS of great kids game apps--Princess Puzzles, FartDoroid(not to be used in public), throw a panda, Fishing Lite, paint pictures, etc. that my six and three year old fight over if they are needed to be kept occupied in the restaurant.

Whomever wrote the parent comment, must not really be a parent. Either that or is Amish. Otherwise, they would totally relate to your occasionally need to have a break from "parenting" and focus on the road.

Also--if your kids like animals, the Discovery Channel is a great bookmark, and Yahoo kids has TONS and TONS of games, etc.

Perhaps that person, should get off the android forum and go parent his/her kids. Sorry--that pissed me off!@!!

13. livspop

livspop Well-Known Member

Between my iPod Touch, my iPad and my DVR, I hardly ever have to talk to the kids! TV dinners and handi-wipes complete the package. God bless kids who can use the iPad and a microwave at age 4!! I love modern parenting!!