need major help!! Broken Screen

Last Updated:

1. serinety

serinety Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I dropped my phone, screen broke but phone works. the screen is about 10% visible, and the rest is black and just usable. I was trying to create a nadroid backup so that i can re-flash the new phone when i get it tomorrow. Somehow during the backup, i must have pressed wrong (being as i cant see the entire screen i had to guess where to push) and now the phone is stuck in boot loop.

I have a nandroid backup I can load to try and solve this, but I cant see the screen to navigate clockwork recovery.

Can someone give me a button by button walk through getting me to a full wipe using clockwork.

Please start at hboot screen after holding joystick and power button.

What i know from memory.

Hold joystick and power.
    Press power button to get to fastboot
    wait for pb31img to try and load
    then volume down to go to recovery, press power
    wait and clockwork will load

from there I cant navigate blind from memory.

I want to wipe the phone, hopefully solve the boot loop and then connect the video cable i bought to my TV and do what i need to do using the TV as my picture.

I really just need to move the pictures and videos off the phones memory, wich i cant do becuase im stuck in boot loop. and with no video on the screen, its hard to correct it.

thanks guys!!!!

Advertisement
  2. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

You could use adb to automatically boot into recovery.
    Code (Text):
    1. adb reboot recovery
    From there, if you named the ROM update.zip, you'd hit down once, then select. I don't recall off the top of my head if there's a prompt after that, but I assume there is a confirmation.

I suppose if you know where your files are, you could also mount the file system and pull them using adb.

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

If you already have a usable nand backup as you say, might just try running that first as it may cure the bootloop. Especially since you're not sure what you did the first time around. If you want to try this route:

Once in Clockwork, arrow down 5 times > press trackpad once (for backup/restore menu) > arrow down once (to highlight restore) > press trackpad once.

Now you are at your list of nand backups. If you only have one backup, press the trackpad once at this time and you're done.

If you have done multiple backups...and you allow the backups to remain the default naming system of the current date...and you want to restore the most recent one, arrow UP once, then press the trackpad once.

In either case, if you go this route be DARN sure to wait a long time to allow the restore to complete without interruption.

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

BTW, should have mentioned I made the assumption you're running Clockwork v2.5.0.5

serinety likes this.
  5. serinety

serinety Active Member This Topic's Starter

Am trying this now, screen is completely black now. so going solely off your directions lol. I have the new phone now, so all is good now, just need to get this old one cleared off.