Need more juice!

Last Updated:

1. s1ckGhost

s1ckGhost Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

.. So I guess.. I need a bigger battery.

I run through it quite quickly and I guess I CAN blame myself, but dont want to.

Does anybody know any real good extended batteries for the Droid that do not need a replacement door?

By this I mean a battery that takes the same shape as the 1300mah battery it comes with but with a lot more juice in it.

Also if anybody can explain how much a 1300mah powered battery can provide, that would be great too. (like.. 1mah = ?; in regards to any kind of use -talk,web,audio-) I am aware that I can look up the specs, but in reality most of the time, those numbers aren't too honest.

I checked out Superior, but I assume they only sell to those who would sell the product and not a private party, since they require that I fax them my application to allow me to purchase from them... :eek:! lol and I believe their extended battery (no replacement door required) was 1470mah if i remember correctly.

and thanks in advance ladies and gentlemen.

-s1ckGhost

Advertisement
  2. GothicLlama

GothicLlama Member

I'm not aware of any extended batteries that are the same thickness, but you could always order a second:

Innocell 1350mAh Slim Replacement Battery

And I know nothing about the rest of your questions... sorry.

s1ckGhost likes this.
  3. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

Seidio has been working on an increased capacity slim battery for quite a while, but still not available...and no specs announced that I've seen. Regardless, I wouldn't expect to find one any time soon using the same form factor but with "a lot more" capacity. 25% may be realistic, but it sounds like you're looking for at least 50% more.

Like the above guy said, just spend the $12 on a second batt and effectively double your capacity.

s1ckGhost likes this.
  4. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt Well-Known Member

Seidio is coming out with one eventually but as of right now there is no slim extended battery. Just go to amazon.com and you can get an extra battery and external charger for that battery for $30 shipped.

5. s1ckGhost

I have considered the seidio extended slim battery that they have worked on, but it seems to me that it has disappeared from the market :eek:. Unless it was the 1350mah powered one, which im sure was already there...

http://www.seidioonline.com/category-s/3902.htm .. no longer there ..HMM

6. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Well-Known Member

Worth a shot, and free, try downloading "Juice Defender" from the market. I did a few days ago and it seems to be working well.

7. garment69

garment69 Well-Known Member

Yeah, whats up with that?? Its been "in development" for like three months. guess they got sick of people asking them what was up.

8. s1ckGhost

Well this sucks.. lol

9. s1ckGhost

I.. do not see Juice Defender, there was no search result from it.

10. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member