Need opinion if verizon gave me incredible over erisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. gotweed

gotweed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Do you guys think if I complained to verizon (in nice manner) about bugs on my eris from 2.1 ota and asked if I can get incredible for contract price $200 that they would do it? I only had eris for month kept in perfect condition.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. gpa111

gpa111 Well-Known Member

You can try, but first off they are on back order, second they do not usually do device swaps that fast, you can get away with it further in your contract if you throw a big stink.

3. bugeyeblue

bugeyeblue Well-Known Member

Make a quick phone call to Verizon customer service and find out. Sometimes you get a cool associate, sometimes you don't. If you don't like how they're treating you, you can ask for the manager or someone in charge, and sometimes if you "say" you're thinking about canceling your contract they'll do what you want. I've never done this, but I'm just giving you ideas.

If it were me, I would just buy a used Incredible from craigslist and sell the Eris. All phones have bugs.

4. zeroleonheart

zeroleonheart Well-Known Member

Hopefully Verizon is more gracious than Sprint. After 3 Touch Diamonds, they still wouldnt give me a new phone (I asked for a Hero). Which is why I jumped ship and got an Eris. Let us know if they let you swap out. I'm interested to know what happens.

5. fahertyps

fahertyps Well-Known Member

I held the Incredible today--felt cheap. See other threads on the subject before you decide.

6. zeroleonheart

It did feel a little cheap, but I couldnt get a good feel for it because of the stupid anti-theft tether attached to it. Sure is a pretty screen though... the colors... :eek:

7. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Buy one used on Craigslist? Where are you finding used incredibles anywhere for sale?

And feeling cheap? Nothing about this phone feels cheap. It is thin and light and built like a champ. Its only physical issue, imo, is the camera lenses being further out than the case. To me, this is a big cause of cracked screens since it channels the impact.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

8. zeroleonheart

I guess, for me, the back of the phone (from what I could feel) felt crazy, like I wasnt sure what the hell was going on back there :) but youre right, it FLIES. Coming from the Eris, the Incredible had (almost) zero lag, there was a little (and I mean a little) lag when live wallpaper was on, but nothing that would be considered a deal breaker.

Just more of my 2 Sense (oh god the puns!!!). :)

9. bugeyeblue

bugeyeblue Well-Known Member

Craigslist Los Angeles. Not many of them out, but they're there.

10. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

i went to verizon today and had a feel of it (did fell kinda cheap. but that may have been because of how light weight it is which is deff not a bad thing and something i could get used to)

... but while i would not mind having the incredible because it is faster and has a LED flash, i think i will just wait until there is a bigger improvement.

i mean imo there is not that much of a difference between the eris and the incredible ... certainly not enough to justify buying a new phone for full retail price.

11. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Yeah it doesn't feel cheap, I do like the Eris form factor better but this phone is every bit as solid.

12. gotweed

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm going to call verizon and hit up two different stores whenever I get a chance to Ill let you guys know what happens.

13. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

I don't want to be an a'hole, but I'm just gonna tell you that it is very unlikely that they will bend in the least on giving you an Inc. It is a miracle when people are able to even get an early upgrade or NE2 before the actual date of eligibility.

14. gotweed

[/QUOTE]
    I don't want to be an a'hole, but I'm just gonna tell you that it is very unlikely that they will bend in the least on giving you an Inc. It is a miracle when people are able to even get an early upgrade or NE2 before the actual date of eligibility.[/QUOTE]

Haha No offense taken, I do agree with you and think the same thing as well but it doesnt hurt to try.

15. greyhndz

greyhndz Well-Known Member

About 4 months after my "new after 2", when I bought the TP2, it was totally creamed by my dogs (who have good taste - I hated that phone). The screen was shattered, so it was pretty obvious that it was dead.

Both a phone rep and also a sales rep in the local Verizon store told me I could get a new phone at a "one-year" discount, meaning I wouldn't have to pay full price for the Eris. In addition, there was a $100 rebate going on at the time, so I paid virtually nothing for the phone.

The sales rep said that they only allow one replacement under these conditions, so if the dogs eat the Eris, I'm SOL.

It can't hurt to ask.. better than buying one at full price.

16. lessit

lessit Well-Known Member

What bugs?

17. SXCS23

SXCS23 Member

I had a situation where my phone would not power on and Verizon no longer sold the phone. They gave me a phone that 'took' that phone's place. Also, it helps if you mention that you are considering switching carriers. I suggest Sprint if you are in a 4G area.

18. AwesomeIT

AwesomeIT Well-Known Member

I used an Incredible last week. The thing felt solid and it the speed was, well - Incredible. It was an entirely different world from the Eris.

19. Tooleman694

Tooleman694 Well-Known Member

I got my Eris when the Incredible was already out.. I tried both phones, sure the incredible was faster.. but to me it almost seemed like the same phone, just the one was a little bigger and faster..

Walked out with 2 eris's for the buy one get one free deal..

20. gotweed

[/QUOTE]
    What bugs?[/QUOTE]

I have 50 % signal bug, service only shows 1 or no bars, weather app doesnt work, htc sense once in a while force closes its self and whole phone reboots its self, messages sometimes force closes on me when checking them

21. santeezi03

santeezi03 Member

I did it to get my Eris, but first I used a replacement phone, and FOUND something wrong with it. Then I went back in, and nicely asked if that would be an option, and they let me buy it at contract price.

22. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

The lady at the Verizon store in my town had one on her hip and pulled it out of the pouch and handed in to me.

It felt cheap.

No, not the lady, the phone. Man, the way you guys think. :D

23. Tooleman694

Tooleman694 Well-Known Member

I like them fast and cheap..

24. gotweed

So what if it feels cheap, if it runs like a champ who cares

25. thecoard

thecoard Well-Known Member

Because when these folks get frustrated with their Eris they like to bang it on a table. Why else would that matter?